|Yael Clark. Educational and Developmental Psychologist.
BA, BSc(Hons), Grad Dip Ed, MPsych (Educational and Developmental)
Parenting and Anxiety-
- Infertility and pregnancy loss and breavement
- Parents’ wellbeing- special focus on the perinatal period and adolescence
- Parenting from an Attachment Theory and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (incl. Mindfulness) framework.
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Multiple Birth family wellbeing (twins, triplets and more)
- Childhood Anxiety- both within normal limits , Anxiety Disorders, and OCD.
- Creating safe communities for children- personal protective behaviours/body safety education and prevention of child sexual abuse
- Body image and weight-related mental health from a HAES (Health At Every Size) and non-dieting approach.
I have over 20 years experience working with children, adolescents and parents. I initially trained as an Early Childhood Educator (as it was called then) and an Instructor for Parent Effectiveness Training Inc. and Teacher Effectiveness Training Inc., then- after teaching for many years- went on to obtain a Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education and a Masters in Educational and Developmental Psychology. I have taught all age levels from prep, to high school, through to adult education. I initially worked in general Educational and Develomental Psychology with all ages and psychological referral issues, and increasingly specialised in working with young children and parents.
My work as a Psychologist has included assessment and counselling in schools; assessing children under five and counselling their parents for the Department of Human Services and working in a Non-Government Organisation with families who have been notified to Child Protection.
I am committed to ongoing professional development and to keeping informed of current research findings and best practice recommendations.