Specialising in Perinatal and Paediatric Psychology
- Public speaking
- Professional Writing
- Nondirective Pregnancy Support Counselling (Medicare approved)
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Infertility and IVF
- Miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Post Natal Depression and Anxiety
- Multiple birth pregnancy (listed with the Australian Twin Registry as a specialist)
- Parenting your infant, school age child or adolescent (special interest in twins and triplets)
- Managing your child’s challenging behaviours
- Helping your child after divorce
- Therapeutic support for parents who have been notified-or are at risk of being notified- to Child Protection.
- You and your partner: Parenting as a team
- Parents of children with special needs
- Parenting after Domestic Violence
- Parental Anger Management
- Parenting with a Mental Illness (Mood disorders, PTSD, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder etc.)
Child counselling involves play, art, and “worksheets”. The child may be seen
alone or with other family members as indicated.
Child and Adolescent Counselling
- SPECIALISING in Childhood Anxiety:- Generalised Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Grief and loss
- Trauma and abuse
- Domestic violence
- Aggression and Anger Management
- Children of Parents with a Mental or Chronic Physical Illness
- Social skills
- Self-esteem building
- Educational assessments may be conducted to inform child-counselling work
- How toTalk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk
- Siblings Without Rivalry
- FOCUS- Freedom from Obsessions and Compulsions Using Cognitive-Behavioural Strategies
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy; Play Therapy; and Parent Skills Training.
The Recommended Fee Schedule from the APS is $228.00 for a standard 45-60 minute psychological consultation.
My fees are listed below:
- Initial consultation $190.00 ($155- with HCC)
- Subsequent consultation $175.00 ($140- with HCC)
- Adult sessions are 50 minutes
- Child sessions are 45 minutes
I also provide services under the Kids In Mind and ATAPS initiatives. This provides FREE counselling. Ask your GP if you are eligible. (I am only able to offer a limited number of places under these programs.)
- ATAPS sessions are 45 minutes
You may be able to obtain rebates through Medicare (with a referral from a GP or a Paediatrician) and from selected Health Insurance Extras policies.
Please note: 24 hours notice is required for cancellation or a fee will be charged.